Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
The Service Management (SM)Technical Analyst is responsible for all aspects of developing, enhancing and ensuring compliance for the Incident Management (IM) and Problem Management (PM) processes. Specifically, the SM Technical Analyst for IM will manage the flow of IM processes during high/critical incidents, including providing specialized technical support during high and critical incidents. The IM lifecycle includes identification, logging, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, and incident closure. For PM, the SM Technical Analyst will develop and distribute formal root cause analysis artifacts and will lead or participate in the problem and quality assurance review (PQAR)meetings. With support from technical owners, the SM Technical Analyst will lead proactive problem management activities, which include identifying, diagnosing, and resolving highly impactful problems affecting the end user or information technology (IT) environment.
Responsible for the day-to-day activities related to the management of high and critical priority incidents, ensuring processes and procedures are defined in detail and executed consistently. These incidents may impact multiple districts, lines of business, applications or infrastructure (general/critical tiers, network services, and select information security incidents throughout the system).
* Leads the post incident review process, including, but not limited to, providing incident updates/debriefs, discussing IM process successes and opportunities for improvement, determining courses of action, and assigning/holding technical staff accountable to complete action items.
* Directs and manages technical staff involved in providing IM and PM statuses and root cause analysis (RCA) reporting.
* Facilitates reconciliation of issues/concerns to the satisfaction of the customer.
* Evaluates and analyzes complex technical issues and makes decisions regarding technical solutions and recommendations in accordance with customer requirements and National IT standards and policies.
* Assists with and influences the implementation of IM and PM policies, procedures and processes, ensuring the strategies and activities are consistent with the business objectives and are compliant with Service Management Office processes for review.
* Drives compliance with policies, processes, procedures and standards.
* Follows the PM process by composing RCA documents subject to formal review and approval by officers, application or line of business stakeholders, and senior management. This includes facilitating discussions with technicians and technical management and following up on root cause action items, and posting the RCA document to the proper online repository.
* Participates in Problem Quality Assurance Review (PQAR) meetings as the enterprise IM subject matter expert (SME).
* Performs proactive PM activities and analysis such as reviewing metric reports or analyzing service desk issues for trends, performing research and/or investigation, determining if issues should be classified as an incident, and providing actionable feedback on possible service improvements.
* Conducts and/or participates in meetings with service partners, districts, System management and operations staff.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Provides leadership and motivates peers and other technical staff through matrix management.
* Performs work with a high level of autonomy and is responsible for visible National IT efforts and related actions that reflect heavily on the reputation of National IT and the Federal Reserve System.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of IM and PM disciplines, as well as ITIL best practices for SM.
* Ability to accommodate frequently redirected priorities, respond to multiple, high-priority assignments across multiple disciplines, recommend improvements, present findings, and conduct effective meetings.
* Ability to cultivate relationships with senior and officer-level technical staff to facilitate collaboration across the enterprise.
* Exhibits sound judgment, strong technical skills, innovation and creative thinking.
* Has thorough understanding of general and critical tiers of services and environments, including applications, servers and networks.
* When communicating, exhibits confidence, clearly and concisely presents and explains technical information, reacts well under pressure, and develops skills in negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with major or coursework in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience.
* A minimum of four years of Information Technology experience in a related area (such as second- and third-level service desk, network, server, database, telephony, middleware or server support) required.
* A minimum of one year of experience coordinating major incidents, changes or problem management preferred.
* General technical knowledge and related competencies of distributed information systems technologies (i.e., UNIX and Windows operating systems, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle Database, MQSeries, Web Application Infrastructure (WAI), Performance, Storage, etc.) and applications operating in the National IT environment.
* General knowledge of IT and interdependencies in a large scale, enterprise-wide complex operation.
* Demonstrated technical documentation skills to prepare and complete views and components of applications.
* Preferred certifications include: ITIL Foundations Certification/Senior analytical skills.
* Senior-level negotiating skills to obtain needed technical support for customers.
* Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong partnerships with National IT technical managers and staff, application developers and strong working relationships with CBAFs.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened include, education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
/We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information./
**Organization:** **Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City*
**Title:** *Incident Management Technical Analyst*
**Location:** *MO-Kansas City*
**Requisition ID:** *262929*