Location: Washington DC, DC, USA
Sr Systems Engineer (Virtualization)
Contract to Hire
Job Number: 232301
TS Cleared Sr Systems Engineer for Virtualization project at the Pentagon
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
• Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with all levels of Contract, Civilian, and Military management
• Experience administering, directing, and managing multiple actions, IT tasks, and substantial IT projects concurrently
• Experience with security compliance auditing and remediation including IAVM, STIG, SCAP
• Experience increasing knowledge base as necessary to support new and changing requirements
• Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
• Update and execute disaster recovery process, procedures and policies.
• Provide SME level troubleshooting on all technical matters
• Root cause research and identification
• Establish effective operational procedures and work instructions.
• Modify and Execute Processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI), troubleshooting guides and tools.
• Analyze security weaknesses and vulnerabilities of GOTS/COTS software recommending solutions as needed.
• Complete trouble and change tickets using applicable software, policy, and procedures in designated ticket tracking system (ITSM Remedy).
• On-Call 24/7/365 with Mission Essential Classification
• Ability to delve into technical problems and create reliable & cost effective solutions.
• Ability to work with technical teams in a collaborative manner to design infrastructure solutions.
• WAN & LAN experience: TCP/IP; DNS; VLANs. Server virtualization experience: VMWare; HyperV; Xen, SAN / NAS experience (EMC), strong and thorough understanding of; Disaster Recovery components and procedures, Storage Area Network technologies and Hardware and the leading vendors (EMC, IBM, HP, Cisco, Brocade).
• Hands-on experience on Data 16 Replication Data protection, Data provisioning (EMC Products), and Data virtualization (VMWARE).
• Familiarity with intrusion detection systems, network security and network management.
• Manage, Configure, Maintain, Monitor, and Design Virtual Platforms on VMware
• Manage, Configure, Maintain, Monitor, and Design VM chassis/blade infrastructure
• Experience in supporting VMware vCenter appliance and server
• Perform, Configure, Monitor, and Maintain software backups, updates, recoveries, and devices.
• Provide design and maintenance support for SAN and load balanced clusters.
• Analyze and diagnose system failures to determine their causes and make written recommendations for corrective action.
• Manage, Configure, Maintain, and Install server, workstation, and related equipment hardware, software, and operating systems in a mixed blade, rack mount, and virtual environment.
• Experience with vRealize Operations Manager, Log Insight, Network Insight
• Experience with vCenter 6, 6.5, 6.7
• Experience with NSX or at least and idea of how network for vCenter works
• Experience with vCenter Orchestrator
• Experience with templates and deployment of templates
• Experience with STIG settings
• Experience with AGM images
• Lots of storage understanding, VMFS, NAA, LUNs, RDMs
• Experience with HP Oneview is a must
• Experience with HP Onboard Administrator
• Experience with HP Virtual Connect
• Experience with HP C7000, BL460c
• Experience with HP Synergy or HP Apollo
• Experience using SPP to update HP resources
• Experience using VMware update manager
• DoD Active Top Secret clearance
• Interim TS and open investigation will not be acceptable
• Investigation must not be past 5 yrs
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent degree
An " equivalent" degree is defined as 3 additional years of progressively responsible experience and/or " Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor' s degree in engineering technology, physics, chemistry, Information Technology, computer science, or mathematics
• CompTia Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, or GSEC in good standing (IAT-II); Must be provided upon submission to CKA
• VMware VCP; Must be provided upon submission to CKA
• Current (within 05 years) computing environment certification; Ex. Microsoft MCSA/MCSE
o May be obtained within 45d from start
o 8 years of technical experience last 05 years in virtualization platforms
o VMware (05 years)
o Microsoft Windows Server 2003+ (08 years)
o eMASS (01 years)
o IAVM, STIF, SCAP Compliance (02 years)
o RMF, DIACAP, ATO, CON Accreditations (02 years)
o Tenable Nessus or ACAS (02 years)