Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
**As a SAR Investigator, your responsibilities include:**
• Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and effectively supported recommendations on cases for reporting to Financial Crimes enforcement Network (FinCEN) and/or OFAC. Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal's fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer's activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
• Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal or suspicious activity;
• Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
• Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including Acceptable Use Policy adherence and Know Your Customer efforts;
• Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
• Regularly exercise good judgment and in making decisions or recommendations in relation to case investigations
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field;
• Minimum of 1 years' experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to
communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
• Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues
• Interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition;
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Written Communications
• Directing Others
• Developing Direct Reports
Our world-class culture is something we're proud of. We're committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
+ Excellent medical and dental benefits that start day one.
+ Competitive salary.
+ 401k match and employee stock purchase plan.
+ Generous PTO and sick time policies.
+ Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential.
+ Give back to local communities through our many fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
+ PayPal's sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
+ Active social groups, onsite events, onsite gym, cafe, games and arcade rooms, relaxation zones and so much more!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.